Wednesday, June 17, 2009

3 years already?

Yesterday, the 16th, Jon and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary. I seriously can't believe that it has been that long already. I guess it's true what they say" time flys when you're having fun!" I can truly say that the past 3 years have been a blast and I can't wait for the MANY more years to come.
Celebrating this year was a little harder than it has been in the past because we really wanted to go on vacation but had to be back today to welcome home my little brother. Yes, we could have gone somewhere after but who wants to leave on a vacation after not seeing someone for 2 years? NOT ME!!! I wanna spend every available day I can getting reacquainted.
We woke up early and drove down to Ogden to go to Dennys for breakfast. (Jon loves this place and would probably eat here everyday if he could but, since the closest one is an hour away, special ocassions will just have to do). Later in the day we drove to Park City to do a little baby shopping and get me some new clothes too. I had a really hard time though finding any maternity clothes that I liked. I guess I am just too picky. I ended up getting a few shirts and a new swim top. Jon, on the other hand, made out like a bandit. You would have thought that he was pregnant and out growing all his clothes! After a long day in Park City we drove to Salt Lake for dinner and to sleep. While there Jon had to take me to all the "cool" places he used to play at when he was little. To be honset I was a little scared to be wandering around where we were but he loved reliving his childhood for a few hours.
All in all we had a great day! Even though it was short, it was so nice just being able to spend the day with my sweet Hubby uninterrupted and just doing whatever we felt like. Marrying him has been the greatest thing that's ever happened in my life and there's not a day that goes by that I'm not entirely greatful that I am married to my best friend for ETERNITY!!!

4 comments:

~Mindy~ said...

Happy Anniversary! Isn't it just crazy how fast it goes?? I couldn't believe it on my anniversary! Sounds like you had fun though!

jason and michelle clarke said...

Congrats on three yrs. I'm glad you were able to go and have a fun day. That's funny that Jon got more clothes than you. We hope you are doing good!!

Kara said...

Congrats! that is a really cute picture of you 2 together. Looks like you guys had fun :)

Bj said...

Happy Anniversary!