Sunday, June 7, 2009

Memorial Day

Memorial day was also our friend Ben's birthday so we had double celebration that day. We woke up early and went to Ben & Jen's for a very yummy birthday breakfast and then planned out our day of hiking/bday celebrating. We decided that we were going to do the White Pine Lake trail up by Tony Grove, so we got all our gear and lunches made and headed up the canyon. We got half way up the road to Tony Grove and saw the strangest thing.... Snowmobilers. That's right, it's the end of may and we see snowmobilers. We all laughed at them for thinking they would have something to do this late in spring and continued on our way, Well we tried at least. As we came around the bend we saw the worst thing possible, a snowed covered road. I couldn't believe it, here it was almost June and the road is still closed because the snow pack is still too much. So, we ended up having to turn around all broken hearted and figure something else out. After exhausting all our options we decided to just go for a scenic drive up the canyon. When we got the top of the canyon I remembered this trail that my grandpa took me on when I was little so we decided to give it a try. There was still a little snow on the trail, but hey, at least we were able to drive all the way to trailhead. It wasn't what we planned on, but it was so nice to just get out and finally enjoy the fresh mountain air and have a fun day with friends.


4 comments:

Bj said...

Hey, I know those tall geeks. Fun times!

~Mindy~ said...

Sounds like fun! And your friend Jen, did she used to be Jenny Atwood (I think that was her name...) Anyway, I think I went to highschool with her - crazy!

Jon & Jalynn said...

Yep, that's Jenny Atwood

Kara said...

looks like fun :)