Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Jon

Jon’s Birthday was on Tuesday the 28th, but we did most of our celebrating last Saturday. We went down to Salt Lake with my mom and dad, and Jon’s family. We at lunch at Hard Rock Café ( I don’t know why but for the last month Jon has just been dying to go there) and then went to my parents house in South Weber to open presents and have cake and ice cream.





When we told our server that it was Jon’s birthday he kept asking us all these questions about him and then disappeared. When he came back he handed Jon some ice cream and turned like he was walking away…we were all a little disappointed cause we wanted them to sing, but all the sudden we see our server leaning over the balcony and yelling to the entire restaurant everything that Jon had told him and that it was his birthday and he needed their help to sing. So, he made Jon walk over to where everyone could see him and they wished him a happy birthday. It was so funny, our whole table couldn’t even join in cause we were laughing so hard. Jon doesn’t get embarrassed often but his face turned beat red, it was hilarious.



Jon, for a very very long time has been asking for an ipod ( like for his last 2 birthdays and last Christmas) and this year I finally gave in and that is what he got (from everybody I might add). Since the box is so small and that was his only present we wrapped it inside 3 bigger boxes so he could unwrap more, but he didn’t think that it was as funny as we did.

I even made his cake. After the last cake I made I swore that I would never make a birthday cake again, but since it was my hubby’s birthday and I know how much he LOVES cake I figured I’d better give it another try. It didn’t turn out as bad as the last but it sure did have some problems. The two layers would not stay on top of each other so thanks to my brilliant brother Luke; we stuck toothpicks all around the cake to hold it up. When we were eating it we forgot to tell everyone what we did until Jons mom freaked out and yelled “there is a toothpick in my cake” Oops! Oh, and the stupid frosting kept melting as you can proably see in the picture.


Jon you are such a great husband, Thanks for all you do. HAPPY 26 BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Happy B-day Jon! We really need to get together!

Carrie said...

Oh what a cute wife!! I like the cake, maybe you can teach me to bake?? Happy Birthday!